2008 Hannah riding ‘Lena’ Chiltern Rodeo VIC
2009 Kempsey to Melbourne bike ride 1500kms
2010 Day 1 with Maura, Esther and Joe, solo pack horse trek 1680 kms
2011 ride4acure truck & horse team
2011 Day 1 Esther -departure Crescent Head
2011 Coast2Coast horse trek arrival Cottlesloe Beach 4600 kms & 97 days later.
Hannah Rose Melanoma Research Fund.
- raise awareness of melanoma as a young person’s disease, (melanoma currently represents 21% of all cancers diagnosed in young Australians under 25 years of age.)
- sadly show you that Melanoma is the second biggest killer of young Australians next to car accidents.
- let you know that melanoma is 90% preventable and show you how easy it is to be sunsmart all year round
- blow your mind by showing you that 80% of skin damage happens before your 18 years old!
- bust some of the myths about your skin and test your knowledge of melanoma and skin cancer
- encourage young people to know and love the skin they’re in and check it regularly
- unpack the simple science of ultra violet (UV) radiation that impacts on our skin and changes our cells
- build knowledge and skills to be Sun Smart outdoors and help prevent melanoma and skin cancer.
- share stories of other young Australians affected by melanoma
- help you step into the life of young Australian, Hannah Luxford-Matthews who lost her life to melanoma aged just 20 at Christmas 2008.
Hannah had two hopes:
- to tell all young Australians to look after their skin
- to raise money to support research into adolescent and young adult melanoma, to improve treatments and find a cure.